Today in the shop (Umbrella Light)

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Today in the shop (Umbrella Light)

Post by ERLover »

I bet by Xmas everyone here will have one.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
Bruce
Platinum Member

Post by Bruce »

ERLover wrote:I bet by Xmas everyone here will have one.
So you need my address? ;)
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Bruce do have a chimney?
Not to high jack but I have 3 of these, 2 on my BS, I have a SS and a Delta and one that floats around where needed, it has a magnetic base, on and off switch, needs to plugged in. On the SS band saw I epoxied a mteal plate on the cover for the magnet to stick to.
http://www.amazon.com/Machine-Working-g ... wing+light
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
dickg1
Gold Member

Post by dickg1 »

Thanks to Reible and his "thinking outside of the box" I received mine from Amazon yesterday (Tuesday 12/8/15). Unpacked it, stuffed the four AA batteries into their slots, clamped it to my PP and turned it on. Has three light levels and does a great job of illuminating the work piece. Shopsmith should pick this up as an accessory. It fits like it was designed exclusively for the headstock and since it splits, it's easy on and easy off.

Thanks Ed, you scored another one.

Dick
damagi
Platinum Member

Post by damagi »

db5 wrote:Here it is for $4.39 free shipping: http://www.amazon.com/Umbrella-Camping- ... 99-0888837
Please note - this one will NOT fit on the ShopSmith. Specifically, it doesn't feature a split design. Also, the diameter it too small.

Also, the workmanship is unsurprisingly poor. The spring contacts for the batteries were rusted, the plastic casting was too tight, and one of the wires broke off while installing batteries.

http://www.amazon.com/Dimming-Outdoor-U ... lights+led or something similar is a much better choice.