All bent out of shape: seeking square advice

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

keakap
Platinum Member

Re: All bent out of shape: seeking square advice

Post by keakap »

My Wixey Digital Angle Gauge and my iGaging Angle Cube are seldom right on. I can zero either of them and to a certain extent move them around and get similar readings but never right on.

The Angle Cube seems to be more reliable but I bought the Wixey first and got used to using it and it seems to be my go to device. The Angle Cube and the Wixey, when user side by side are definitely not of equal quality.[/quote]

Dusty, I've noticed the same thing on my Angle Cube, and have to keep reminding myself that tho it is "digital" it is NOT strictly "electronic". And that brings in inertia, momentum, that kinda stuff.
putttn
Gold Member

Post by putttn »

I have both of these also and seem to have the same results. Seldom do they agree exactly but they're close.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

I guess the question becomes which one to use when the need is to be spot on.

A secondary question would be just how much difference does .1 of a degree make when you need to be spot on..
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.