Time to play see the deer

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

reible
Platinum Member

Time to play see the deer

Post by reible »

The one in the foreground is easy, the other one not so much. Hate the auto-focus...........

Just to keep it fun don't post answers for a while. If you have troubles someone will help you out.

I like to send these type pictures to the grandchildren to see what they see. Feel free to pass it on.
IMG_3542sc.jpg
IMG_3542sc.jpg (662.57 KiB) Viewed 4331 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
reible
Platinum Member

Re: Time to play see the deer

Post by reible »

Well mixed results from the family. So if you didn't see the second deer and the fact it was a buck then don't feel bad. I saw it back there but the camera's auto focus only found the deer in front and the brush.

If you did see it then go treat yourself you did well. Didn't see it? Well look below.

I did a crude outline that might help:
two crude outline.jpg
two crude outline.jpg (156.72 KiB) Viewed 4240 times
Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

As always I like your WL pics, as a deer hunter in WI and out West, for 50 years, always look for horizontal lines in the bush, I saw him right away. Horizontal does not exist in nature except in down fall trees and rock lines.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Yes the horizontal lines were a dead give away but so was his antlers.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

It took me a minute to spot it, and I'm pretty well trained. We have so many of those critters around here that even the dogs ignore them, like cattle on a farm.
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

BuckeyeDennis wrote:It took me a minute to spot it, and I'm pretty well trained. We have so many of those critters around here that even the dogs ignore them, like cattle on a farm.
Same here. I'm always amazed by stories of hunters spending hours in the woods looking for deer when in my neighborhood they come right up to the house. I could walk out my front door and wack them over the head with a frying pan.
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

ecom1
Gold Member

Post by ecom1 »

Mine are easier to see - at least before the snow fell last week..
Attachments
IMG_4069.JPG
IMG_4069.JPG (1.69 MiB) Viewed 4192 times
Ed

Shopsmith: 2 Mark V 510 (1988,1993), bandsaw, jointer, mounted planer, belt sander, scroll saw, strip sander, lathe duplicator, conical disc sander, biscuit joiner, free standing router table with Jointech IPM-1
Other stuff: Bosch glide mitre, Ridgid 13" planer, Rikon drill press, routers, drills, and other toys
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

In many communities deer have become problems. My daughter neighborhood which is less than ten miles from me has serious problems with deer. They eat everything, run into cars, and during rut become aggressive.
My buddy that lives in northern Ohio near Cleveland had as many as 27 deer at one time grazing in his back yard. They even suck all the seed from bird feeders.

In both cases the housing is so dense hunting is not allowed and the deer population is now getting out of hand. They have talked about trapping the deer but because they are so dependent on human food they can't be relocated. And nobody will agree to put BAMBI down so the problem just keeps getting worst.

One good thing is traffic speed at my daughters is about 15 mph or less, after nearly everyone has hit a deer they now go super slow to avoid them.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Manual focus!!!!?
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
sawmill
Gold Member

Post by sawmill »

I am having my woods logged off and when the guys are running the machines the deer are coming in from all directions. The processor fell a tree on one last week. I counted 40 in one area this morning. The machines they are using is something to see run.The operator on the processor said his best day was 150 full cords of wood in one day. This machine cuts the tree trims the limbs and cut it to 109 inches in a couple of minutes. The computer in it tells how many trees are cut each day and how many total for the job. It sizes the tree by dia and length and tells how many cords that we cut. It is almost like a dinner bell for the deer when the machines start in the morning