Sawsmith 2000 Value?

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

VaOak
Bronze Member

Re: Sawsmith 2000

Post by VaOak »

Happy New Year to all!
Looks like this thread has been idle a LONG time.
Time to crank it up - assuming there are any Sawsmith 2000 owners still out there.
I have a Sawsmith that I am contemplating putting up for sale. I am planning to list it for $450.
What do ya'll think?
Anybody in the group interested in talking t me about it?
Let me know.
VaOak
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: Sawsmith 2000 Value?

Post by dusty »

I might say that "buying and selling" on this forum is considered "inappropriate".

I would also say that since you cannot get parts for repair - the price might be a bit high.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

Right on Dusty!!!!! :)
Is it a bit past your bed time??? :D
Since you an early riser too :confused:
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
ReWilson
Bronze Member

Post by ReWilson »

I just purchased a ss2K with the Excalibur fence system and also found an extra fence system for it. I am going to make a sliding table for it. In Florida where I am living there seems to be a good supply of good used parts for most of the shopsmith equipment. The sawsmith 2000 does not. I am looking for the side tables and the locking knobs. If their are any special suppliers please let me know. Thanks
bob84
Gold Member

Re: Sawsmith 2000 SIZE??

Post by bob84 »

I have a line on a Sawsmith 2000 for a good price but 2 hours away. Doesn't that Sawsmith top table portion separate from the base so that it is two pieces? I have a hatchback car and thought it could fit both if separated. I have carried whole disassembled Shopsmiths in it. Thanks
recurvearcher
Gold Member

Post by recurvearcher »

Bob,

The SS2000 can be disassembled,but it's not as straight forward as a MarkV. The cabinet of the SS2000 is basically two boxes, made of sheet metal panels, held together by attachment to the vertical legs. Lots of nuts and bolts.
Best way is just lay a blanket down, flip the saw upside down on the blanket and start unbolting panels until it will fit in you hatchback. Safety and sanity will require a second person to help.
Enjoy that new saw!