Checking order status yeilds blank page??

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

beeg
Platinum Member

Re: Checking order status yeilds blank page??

Post by beeg »

Reible, you page is just on "back order.".
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
reible
Platinum Member

Post by reible »

After exchanging a couple of emails with shopsmith it appears my problem has been solved. I can see my orders just like before!

The one order that has been on the books since 10/18 and not yet shipped has an updated status. It now says "Awaiting Authorization" what ever that means.

One of the items on order was a replacement for me of a part my brother needed and I shipped him mine so he could keep going. It had been in stock but now it is not. The other item which I really don't need for another month or so has now changed to in stock.......... great.

Well at least I can see what is going on again.

Ed
{Knight of the Shopsmith} [Hero's don't wear capes, they wear dog tags]
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

reible wrote: . . .

Well at least I can see what is going on again.

Ed
Ahhh blind faith is a wonderful thing!! :rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
oldc6
Gold Member

Post by oldc6 »

ordered headstock lock parts 3 pieces on Feb fourth.
Checked Monday and status says will ship within ten days.
Checked today and status is (working to resolve back orders by March 1st.)
Will post this as it goes on.................... :confused: :confused: :confused:
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Back Orders, Back Orders, so many Back Orders. Shopsmith must be doing great; they just can't keep enough parts in stock to meet demands. :rolleyes:

I did get my most recent order in just a few days.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
oldc6
Gold Member

Post by oldc6 »

Status of headstock lock parts. Have checked every day since ordering.

This afternoon it says shipped...............Great news...... :) :) :) :) :)
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

While this is not the blank display you are referencing in this thread, there is another persnickety issue that shows up from time to time in order status.

Though you are logged in to Shopsmith.com/ownersite and you can see the order status, sometimes you cannot see the order detail, due to a piece of data (Your Phone Number) that is missing in the address bar at the top.

The Shopsmith software for Order Status Detail did not fill in from your profile, only the order number. It sent 00000000 for the phone number, which causes the error.

Examine the top graphic in the two screen shots below where it is trying but failing to include your actual phone number... Yellow and Red arrow

If you will go to the address line at the end and backspace over the 0's and enter your area code and phone number without any spaces, and press enter, it will show you the order detail.

See the lower screen shot. Green Arrow. Yes I did obscure my real phone number, but you can see what is there when it was entered.

Yes, I reported it two years ago, but it still happens.

This may help you get more relevant detail when researching orders and you have no idea what the order is for.

Everett
Order Status Error without Phone Number.png
Order Status Error without Phone Number.png (363.86 KiB) Viewed 5264 times