problems with power pro

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jonesuh
Gold Member

problems with power pro

Post by jonesuh »

I have a problem---unit cuts out after running for a period---(cuts off and starts running the start up cycle continuously) --I have been trying to get the MS to return a call to see if they have any ideas----no luck I was told they would call back and I spoke to Brian-- he stated he would ask another person about the issue and call me back the next day--that was 3 weeks ago---called again this morning--got the main number explained my problem--said I want to get it fixed and I'm willing to pay--she told me they no longer do repairs only warranty work

any ideas -- if I can't get help- i'll probably have a lot lot of SS stuff for sale ---getting really frustrated
dusty
Platinum Member

Re: problems with power pro

Post by dusty »

jonesuh wrote:I have a problem---unit cuts out after running for a period---(cuts off and starts running the start up cycle continuously) --I have been trying to get the MS to return a call to see if they have any ideas----no luck I was told they would call back and I spoke to Brian-- he stated he would ask another person about the issue and call me back the next day--that was 3 weeks ago---called again this morning--got the main number explained my problem--said I want to get it fixed and I'm willing to pay--she told me they no longer do repairs only warranty work

any ideas -- if I can't get help- i'll probably have a lot lot of SS stuff for sale ---getting really frustrated
I hope you will double check for the accuracy of this statement. Since the headstock is built "offshore" by another company, this would be a show stopper for me.

As for waiting on Brian to call - I would call and insist on talking to Brian or (better yet) whoever Brian said would be calling you.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
fredsheldon
Platinum Member

Re: problems with power pro

Post by fredsheldon »

You need to talk to Sue. She sent my power supply back to the manufacture for repairs. I received it back in two weeks with a total repair cost of $350, including shipping. You might want to remove the motor and check all connections first. Also you need to check the speed sensor under the fan cover on the end of the motor, it sometimes collects dust. You can bench test everything once all the parts are out. Once you have the motor out, you can just send in the display unit and power supply, where the issue most likely will be. It's not an easy job but you can do it :)
Fred