PROJECT Mark V11 need motor

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cru0169
Bronze Member

PROJECT Mark V11 need motor

Post by cru0169 »

It is near impossible, but i need to locate a working mark v11 motor, or someone to rebuild. Any help
JPG
Platinum Member

Re: PROJECT Mark V11 need motor

Post by JPG »

cru0169 wrote:It is near impossible, but i need to locate a working mark v11 motor, or someone to rebuild. Any help
What is the condition of the motor? Most important the windings(not shorted etc.?)

Pix would be helpful.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
StevenAyres
Gold Member

Post by StevenAyres »

If you have a motor that doesn't work, in most cases any automotive electrical repair operation can get it back in shape without issue. You'll want to try to determine whether the problem is the motor itself, the starter circuit, or a wiring snafu. The Mark VII switching system is a little more complex than the Mark V series, so there's more that can go wrong, and the plastic parts can fail. Have you tested for the source of the problem?
cru0169
Bronze Member

Post by cru0169 »

Im being told that both the control breaker and relay switch need to be replaced also needs rewire.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

cru0169 wrote:Im being told that both the control breaker and relay switch need to be replaced also needs rewire.
Whazzat? Power switch(with integral direction sontrol)

rewire? windings, or external wires?

Be careful this a very unusual setup.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
cru0169
Bronze Member

Post by cru0169 »

So, as speaking with the tech the motor needs to be rewired, he said that the FWD,REV,and stop switch is bad and the relay needs to be replaced. Have fixed issue with the FWD,REV and stop switch fixed. I still need the relay switch, It is a GE 3ARR3 63 relay. They have tried to get one with no luck. I'm at a loss if there are any work around can someone let me know Thanks
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Point the tech to "supco model apr5".
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

lahola1
Gold Member

Post by lahola1 »

or better yet, try and find an OEM relay on Ebay such as this Mars relay. Worked much better for me than the Supco.
Attachments
mars relay19004.jpg
mars relay19004.jpg (603.99 KiB) Viewed 3159 times
SS Mark VII(sn 405025), SSband saw, SS 4" jointer, Older SS Mark V w/DC treadmill motor,
Smithy SuperShop 720, Powerkraft RAS,Craftsman RAS, Ridgid TS2412 Table Saw,
Delta 12" planer