Turn around times for Shopsmith orders

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

shoedo
Gold Member

Turn around times for Shopsmith orders

Post by shoedo »

I called Shopsmith today to find out if I ordered something today, what is the anticipated delivery time of my order. After a minute on hold, the automated system said the mail box was full and if I wanted to DISCONNECT, press 3. Anyone here ordered anything recently and received it within a reasonable amount of time?
Spooner
Gold Member

Re: Turn around times for Shopsmith orders

Post by Spooner »

I placed an order a few weeks ago and received everything within a week.
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I ordered the oscillating drum sander attachment online last Saturday morning, to take advantage of the special. To my amazement, it shipped yesterday (Monday), and FedEx is promising delivery today.

My previous order, placed in February, was the polar opposite. It fell into the abyss somewhere, and wasn't delivered for months -- despite me suffering through long hold times to talk to a live person on at least three different occasions. On two of those calls I was told by a friendly, helpful person the items were in stock, they would figure out the problem, and the stuff should ship in the next day or two. I finally had to source alternate stuff elsewhere. Then darned if the Mothership didn't ship my order three days after I sent them an email asking them to cancel the order! They subsequently sent me instructions for returning it, but I decided to go ahead and keep it all.

So hopefully their processes are running more smoothly now.
Brudirt
Bronze Member

Post by Brudirt »

A few weeks ago I ordered an Incra miter gauge, Upper Saw guard, and two power couplers (for bandsaw and jointer) and they all came in about a week.
Brudirt
Bronze Member

Post by Brudirt »

A few weeks ago I ordered an Incra miter gauge, Upper Saw guard, and two power couplers (for bandsaw and jointer) and they all came in about a week.
DLB
Platinum Member

Post by DLB »

I ordered a couple of things Thursday the 24th at night, received yesterday. I think SS must have shipped the day after my order. Sounds like there is currently no lag on orders when the items are in stock.

- David
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Orders for items in stock are coming faster than they were during the shutdown at Shopsmith for covid. I had a couple orders delayed earlier this year because of that. My most recent orders came quickly. Orders for items out of stock will be delayed and can sometimes delay the whole order that may include in stock items. I have had this happen in the past.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.