Apologies from Shopsmith

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

joedw00
Platinum Member

Apologies from Shopsmith

Post by joedw00 »

Recived this in E-Mail today
:) :) :) :)
Apologies from Shopsmith

HALF-PRICE HANDS-ON CDs

Add up to 10 of Shopsmith’s information-packed HANDS-ON CDs
to your order for only $7.48 each
We’ll include them with your order
and waive any additional shipping charges

We’re sorry that the item(s) you recently ordered from us are temporarily out of stock…and that we are therefore unable to ship at this time. However, rest assured that our inventory will be replenished soon and your order will be on its way to you.

As an expression of our appreciation for your business, you are welcome to order up to 10 of our great Shopsmith HANDS-ON ! CDs for only $7.48 each, and we’ll ship them with your order at no additional charge.

You’ll end up with dozens of fantastic project plans, hundreds of valuable woodworking tips & techniques and a wealth of information about Shopsmith power tools and woodworking in general. It’s a great start for an incredible digital woodworking library – at HALF-PRICE !

This offer ends when your backorder ships !
Decision's!!Decision's!! Decision's!!
Has anyone ever recived anything like this???
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
shydragon
Gold Member

Post by shydragon »

Yeah, I got that email when I waited three months for the Pro Planer. All, I could think of at the time, was summer is almost over, and I don't care about any silly DVD's. I want my planer.
Pat

Oregon

1992 SS 510, 11" Bandsaw on power station, 4" jointer, Pro Planer, Incra Miter 2000, Incra Ultimate Fence Router Pkg, Grizzly 6" Parallelogram Jointer.
W3DRM
Gold Member

Post by W3DRM »

I got the same email from SS on the part of my order that has been back-ordered for several weeks now. It was supposed to arrive/ship this week but doesn't look like that will happen now that it is Friday evening and is still showing as being backordered at the moment.
Don - W3DRM - Minden, Nevada --- SS 510 (new 2005), Bandsaw, Jointer, Conical & Standard sanding disks, & DC3300
Carson Valley Weather - http://www.carsonvalleyweather.com
iclark
Platinum Member

Post by iclark »

I've gotten quite a few copies of that email (7 since last March). it never tells me which of my backorders made me eligible or would end my eligibility if it ships. since I frequently have 2 or 3 orders with some or all of them backordered, it is hard to tell.

lately, I've been hoping that they will start apologizing with DVDs before I order them all.

Ivan
Mark V (84) w/ jigsaw, belt sander, strip sander
ER10 awaiting restoration
dcottrill
Gold Member

Post by dcottrill »

I have received the same e-mail. It would be nice if they offered the new DVDs, but they are too new for that to happen.
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

I never have had that e-mail. I ordered the universal tool rest package and a couple other things from the sale ending 31 Oct. I was told it would be back ordered till 02 Dec. I called about the last week of Nov to check on it and they shipped it and I had it all in a couple days. Now I've read here that another ordered it about the same time and was still waiting at the new year time frame. So that for me was better than that e-mail.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
dcottrill
Gold Member

Post by dcottrill »

I have a BO that is still waiting to be filled from July 2, 2008.
bobgroh
Gold Member

Post by bobgroh »

dcottrill wrote:I have a BO that is still waiting to be filled from July 2, 2008.
Got you beat - I'm still waiting for a BO from May 2008! It is for the feather board that mounts on top of the fence. I will probably cancel the order in a bit and use the money saved for some other stuff (got to finish equiping my new 510!).
Bob Groh
Blue Springs, Missouri (just east of Kansas City, MO)

--------------------------------------------
1984 SS Mark V updated to model 510
1994 SS Mark V updated to model 520
SS SPT's: Bandsaw
Other tools:routers, Bosch router table, Craftsman 6" jointer, Steel City 12" bench planer, Porter Cable 7" power saw, and too much other stuff (not really - just kidding!!)
hoagie
Gold Member

Post by hoagie »

beeg wrote:...Now I've read here that another ordered it about the same time and was still waiting at the new year time frame....
And I'm still waiting for it. Or even for a potential ship date.:eek:
Hoagie - B.P.O.E. - NRA Benefactor
Mark V 520, Band Saw, Jointer, Planer, Belt Sander, Biscuit Joiner, RingMaster
Delta Dust Collector, Jet AFS
All generalizations are dangerous. Even this one.
doug45601
Gold Member

Post by doug45601 »

bobgroh wrote:Got you beat - I'm still waiting for a BO from May 2008! It is for the feather board that mounts on top of the fence. I will probably cancel the order in a bit and use the money saved for some other stuff (got to finish equiping my new 510!).
If you are refering to the Rip fence mount system # 555783.. Have Shopsmith check on it as I just ordered it and received it a few days ago!