Over stock sale

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cincinnati
Platinum Member

Over stock sale

Post by cincinnati »

Shopsmith must not be selling too many Mark V's. The over stock sale has what you would assume would be very basic parts for the MarkV build and would be hard to be over stocked on.

-Protractor Assembly
- Live Cup Center
-12" Sanding Disc
- Safety Goggles

Just one mans observation.
dcottrill
Gold Member

Post by dcottrill »

It would appear that they are selling down their inventory and reducing it to a desired level, while improving the liquid cash available to the company.
cincinnati
Platinum Member

Post by cincinnati »

dcottrill wrote:It would appear that they are selling down their inventory and reducing it to a desired level, while improving the liquid cash available to the company.
If they have to reduce the stock of safety goggles (That are packed with each Mark V ) Money has to be tight.
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

cinci:

I don't see anything unusual to get excited about here. If you go to Woodcraft's, Rockler's or Highland Woodworking's web sites you will see plenty of items on special pricing and clearance.

There are a lot of businesses today, in this reduced economy, who are trying to reduce inventories and to conserve cash.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

cincinnati wrote:If they have to reduce the stock of safety goggles (That are packed with each Mark V ) Money has to be tight.
It seems that too much is being read into what might be behind this overstock sale. For crying out loud, there are only eight items the total value of which is about $250.00. This does not sound like a stock liquidation sale to me and the results (if they sell everything in inventory) is not going to change the financial status of the company.

We, jointly, might be getting ready to over react again.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
fjimp
Platinum Member

Post by fjimp »

I seem to remember these same items showing up on sale nearly every year at some point. Perhaps some wise soul realizes some of us are likley to be carless and destroy basic stuff. To decide one particular assortment of items is more indicative of doom than another seems to me to be speculative at best and a waste of good sawdust making time at the worst.

Interesting but over the last couple of weeks all of the items I had back order from Shopsmith have arrived. I love these new DVD's Nick and company did themselves proud.

Now if I could just make the same positive observation of all of the other vendors I would like to recieve goods and services from, this would be a truly swinging world. fjimp
F. Jim Parks
Lakewood, Colorado:)

When the love of power is replaced by the power of love the world will have a chance for survival.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

The first time that I received an e-mail for a SS sale on overstock items was August 24, 2007. Since that time I have received several e-mails from SS promoting overstock item sales. I am knot reading anything special into this one. Here is a link to the Aug. 24, 2007 overstock sale: http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/overstock.htm?jn=3235&kt=MKT&kr=0007683526&cnum=0007683526&epn=RWVYVTU
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

a1gutterman wrote:The first time that I received an e-mail for a SS sale on overstock items was August 24, 2007. Since that time I have received several e-mails from SS promoting overstock item sales. I am knot reading anything special into this one. Here is a link to the Aug. 24, 2007 overstock sale: http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/overstock.htm?jn=3235&kt=MKT&kr=0007683526&cnum=0007683526&epn=RWVYVTU
Yes. So.

Shopsmith has some inventory that they would rather not have. What does this mean except that they have some idle inventory?

I am beginning to believe that maybe we should all take our lead from Charlese and spend more time making sawdust and less time at our computers.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

dusty wrote:Yes. So.

Shopsmith has some inventory that they would rather not have. What does this mean except that they have some idle inventory?

I am beginning to believe that maybe we should all take our lead from Charlese and spend more time making sawdust and less time at our computers.
I am knot sure what you mean by those short sentences. Wood you please expand?
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Which part of 'YES' do you knot understand????:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange