Miterset

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

judaspre1982
Platinum Member

Post by judaspre1982 »

==================
Last edited by judaspre1982 on Sat May 20, 2017 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

judaspre1982 wrote:Dick Pattee seems like a class act. I agree , more businesses could and should take a page from his and SS business practices when it comes to customer satisfaction and service. Thank You-----Dave
I Second That!:) :) :) Just ordered one. His acknowledgment of my order WAS FIRST CLASS!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
shydragon
Gold Member

Post by shydragon »

I just ordered both, segment and miterset.
Pat

Oregon

1992 SS 510, 11" Bandsaw on power station, 4" jointer, Pro Planer, Incra Miter 2000, Incra Ultimate Fence Router Pkg, Grizzly 6" Parallelogram Jointer.
flashbacpt
Gold Member

Miterset

Post by flashbacpt »

Just wanted to toss in my two cents..... I ordered both sets on Sunday afternoon, and received same on Tuesday afternoon.

With a quarter of a turn on the miter bar set screw, everything fit perfectly, and was right on the money.

The whole process, from ordering, packaging, prompt delivery, and quality of product was exceptional! It's a winner Folks!

FlashbacPT
John:)
miterset
Silver Member

A Big Thank You!

Post by miterset »

I thank all of the members that participated in this thread. You just about ran me out of stock on MiterSets for Segments. I hope that the weather has given you all an opportunity to give them a good try. I have been busy rebuilding my inventory and now have a good stock for both ShopSmith and other saws.

I will be taking a trip to the midwest this spring/summer and would be willing to work in a demo or two of MiterSet for any woodworking clubs. Contact me if interested.

Happy Woodworking!

Dick Pattee, Inventor of MiterSet
kd6vpe
Platinum Member

MiterSet Segmented Trouble

Post by kd6vpe »

Howdy all,
Just got my MiterSet what a sweet deal. Richard is a real gentlemen. I have a problem that I need help with. My miter gauge head is only 5 3/4" wide and at the 8 segment setting it is not wide enough to contact both pins???? Richard had a great fix by using a 6 inch metal rule that I will be getting tomorrow. Any one else have this troube. Is my miter gauge head not a Shopsmith head or maybe it is old. I bought my SS used and it was a 500 so it was stated. Pictures attached. Richard and myself are interested in this if there is something that may have been overlooked. Thanks for the help.
Attachments
P2110021.JPG
P2110021.JPG (80.06 KiB) Viewed 6257 times
P2110022.JPG
P2110022.JPG (78.95 KiB) Viewed 6248 times
P2110023.JPG
P2110023.JPG (80.89 KiB) Viewed 6244 times
P2110024.JPG
P2110024.JPG (77.51 KiB) Viewed 6245 times
SS 500 upgraded to 510; SS bandsaw; SS jointer
SS Oscillating Drum Sander; Universal Lathe Rest;
lathe duplicatior, shaper fence and shapers; SS Belt
Sander
Jim
www.youtube.com/kd6vpe
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

kd6vpe wrote:Howdy all,
Just got my MiterSet what a sweet deal. Richard is a real gentlemen. I have a problem that I need help with. My miter gauge head is only 5 3/4" wide and at the 8 segment setting it is not wide enough to contact both pins???? Richard had a great fix by using a 6 inch metal rule that I will be getting tomorrow. Any one else have this trouble. Is my miter gauge head not a Shopsmith head or maybe it is old. I bought my SS used and it was a 500 so it was stated. Pictures attached. Richard and myself are interested in this if there is something that may have been overlooked. Thanks for the help.

Your miter gauge looks very, very similar to mine.

[ATTACH]3343[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]3344[/ATTACH]

I went back to look at your posted images and realized you have the other MiterSet. My input won't do you much good. You can see though that my gauge isn't any wider than yours.
Attachments
P2190001.JPG
P2190001.JPG (154.37 KiB) Viewed 6328 times
P2190002.JPG
P2190002.JPG (141.83 KiB) Viewed 6320 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Do you have an 'engineers square'? Do you have anything long enough, skinny enough, with parallel edges?? Lay it between miter gauge and pins. Being parallel, the angle set WILL be correct.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
miterset
Silver Member

MiterSet for Segments

Post by miterset »

To all:

Here I am with egg on my face. kd6vpe certainly has a correct miter gauge so when I decided to make the MiterSet Segment model for ShopSmith I made a slight error. I don't see an immediate fix to the setting fixture as the holes would probably be too close together if I tried to make it smaller.

However it just might be time for all of us to listen to my secretary/Wife and fit a fence to the miter gauge head. This would be the wise thing to do in any case as it makes for a sturdier set up with increased support for the work piece.

I expended too much energy in making sure MiterSet fit the ShopSmith miter gauge bar and not enough time on research.

Dick Pattee, Inventor of MiterSet
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

Nothing wrong with that solution, Dick! And for those that do knot want a fence, they can make a jig that fits on their miterguage like a fence wood, just temporary enough to use the MiterSet.
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.