Identity and Avatars

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

stephen_a._draper
Gold Member

Identity and Avatars

Post by stephen_a._draper »

After 14 years of belonging to this forum, I want people to know who I am as well as wanting to know who the other forum members are. I have been meeting some of you face to face. I think there are others of you who feel the same as I do. Consequently, I just added an avatar which is a photo of me. I have also added automatic signatures to all of my postings. Once you add your picture as an avatar, it will appear on every post you have ever made in this forum. You must turn avatars on to have them displayed. It is not difficult to do. Just go into your profile to do it. You will need to resize the image that you use to be 90 pixels by 90 pixels. In your signature area, you can put your real name and city. If you turn on signatures, then that information will also appear on your posts just like you see on this one.

Additionally, you can add your YouTube channel and Facebook page links which people can access by just clicking on the little contact circle to the right under my picture as well as sending a private message. You can try mine to see how this works.

If you have any difficulty doing any of these things, just comment and I will respond with specific directions on what to do.
Shopsmith Mark 4, Mark 7, Mark 5 shorty, planer, bandsaw, jointer, belt sander. Grizzly central dust collection 4" PVC trunk. Shopsmith Routing System stand-alone overhead pin router.

Stephen A. Draper
Author of 2024 New Revised Shopsmith Mark4/7/520 Self Study Course
davebodner
Gold Member

Re: Identity and Avatars

Post by davebodner »

I just want to add I'm a big fan of using real names. Thanks for using yours.