Having trouble with my upper saw guard.

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

calver
Gold Member

Post by calver »

Dusty,

Try Snag it. Not only screen capture. but you can import photos and make notes , arrows etc www.techsmith.com

I have been using it for years. Good product and company.

A whole lot less expensive than PhotoShop. I own PhotShop also but for other adjustments to photos.

Dave C.
rcoder
Gold Member

Saw Guard

Post by rcoder »

99% of the PhotoShop users don't utilize most of the program. I have had a small photo business for years and use Elements (contains most of the PhotoShop elements but not the price) for my work. It is also and Adobe product.

Dusty, I have seen it at the Costco near you for under $100.

Sometimes way less on the internet.

Bob Coder
Willcox, AZ
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Thank you both (Bob and Dave) for the feedback. This has been one of those simple tasks that I often see others do and I can not. Because of its effectiveness, it irritates me that I can not. It may be time for me to spend my Economic Recovery Payment (a $250 surprise I got from the President).

OPR or Software - that is the question. OPR would win hands down but $250 won't cover the cost - especially when I factor in a router.:mad:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
shydragon
Gold Member

Post by shydragon »

$76.99 on Amazon with free shipping
Pat

Oregon

1992 SS 510, 11" Bandsaw on power station, 4" jointer, Pro Planer, Incra Miter 2000, Incra Ultimate Fence Router Pkg, Grizzly 6" Parallelogram Jointer.
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

dusty wrote:Thank you both (Bob and Dave) for the feedback. This has been one of those simple tasks that I often see others do and I can not. Because of its effectiveness, it irritates me that I can not. It may be time for me to spend my Economic Recovery Payment (a $250 surprise I got from the President).

OPR or Software - that is the question. OPR would win hands down but $250 won't cover the cost - especially when I factor in a router.:mad:
Do knot count that as "free" money, Dusty. Come tax time next year, I'll bet that you find that you are out of balance that same $250. In other words, you will owe that $250 back to them, whether it is an increase in your tax bill or a decrease in your refund. Bank it for the interest (ha-ha) and then send it back to them on April 15, 2010. :rolleyes:
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
calver
Gold Member

Post by calver »

Hi Dusty.

You can try snagit free for 30 days to see if you like it or not.

It's priced at 49.95 . You can read the features at www.techsmith.com

Regards,

Dave C.:)
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Wow! Sounds like you should buy both!!!!;)
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
greitz
Gold Member

Post by greitz »

Dusty- If I want to just add a short text comment in a picture, I usually use Paint, which is a freebie included with Windows (Start Menu/Programs/Accessories/Paint in Windows XP, maybe in another location in other versions of Windows). I've never tried resizing pictures with it, although it theoretically can do that also.

I put a comment in this picture with Paint. Now if I can get the picture attached correctly....

Gary
Attachments
ostrich with text.JPG
ostrich with text.JPG (33.97 KiB) Viewed 4850 times
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

greitz wrote:Dusty- If I want to just add a short text comment in a picture, I usually use Paint, which is a freebie included with Windows (Start Menu/Programs/Accessories/Paint in Windows XP, maybe in another location in other versions of Windows). I've never tried resizing pictures with it, although it theoretically can do that also.

I put a comment in this picture with Paint. Now if I can get the picture attached correctly....

Gary
Thanks, Gary. This will do for the time being. It may be capable of more than I have just learned to do so I'll play with it for awhile.

[ATTACH]4700[/ATTACH]
Attachments
P2110020 with text.JPG
P2110020 with text.JPG (45.07 KiB) Viewed 4886 times
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
earlmorton
Gold Member

Post by earlmorton »

Wow! Thanks, Dusty! All these years, and I've never noticed that screw. I just ran downstairs and checked--it is really there! :-)
Earl Morton
Kent, WA