Fence positioner

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Gene Howe
Platinum Member

Fence positioner

Post by Gene Howe »

How many times do you reposition your fence and need to get back to a previous setting?
Found this on another forum. I'm gonna make one today!

[ATTACH]7136[/ATTACH]
Attachments
fence positioner.jpg
fence positioner.jpg (163.82 KiB) Viewed 1727 times
Gene

'The true soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him.' G. K. Chesterton
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Gene Howe wrote:How many times do you reposition your fence and need to get back to a previous setting?

[ATTACH]7136[/ATTACH]

Interesting ZCI also!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
cv3
Gold Member

Post by cv3 »

[quote="Gene Howe"]How many times do you reposition your fence and need to get back to a previous setting?

Nice idea, thanks for sharing.
Make today a day that lets you smile!
CV
Mobile Al.
MARK V 520 - Band saw and Jointer. DeWalt scroll saw.
rkh2
Platinum Member

Post by rkh2 »

Thanks for sharing that information. Something like that would work out well for a project with many different cuts as you could use it as a story stick and write the measurements on it for a quick setup instead of using the regular method of measuring with a rule.
Ron from Lewisburg, TN
bucksaw
Gold Member

Post by bucksaw »

rkh2 wrote:Thanks for sharing that information. Something like that would work out well for a project with many different cuts as you could use it as a story stick and write the measurements on it for a quick setup instead of using the regular method of measuring with a rule.
When I'm building cabinets I take scraps and cut/mark them to the various fence settings I will need before I start cutting the final pieces and I also use story boards. That way I can duplicate the exact fence setting. For me it is more accurate than measuring since it is hard to find 2 rulers or tapes that match exactly.
Dave - Idaho
Greenie S#261612 - Mar 1954 / Greenie S#305336 - Oct 1955 / Gray S#SS1360 - ?

"Why do we drive on parkways and park on driveways?" :cool:
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Thanks for the post Gene. :cool: :cool:
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless