My first all Shopsmith project

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

cv3
Gold Member

Post by cv3 »

Nice job. And it looks great.
Make today a day that lets you smile!
CV
Mobile Al.
MARK V 520 - Band saw and Jointer. DeWalt scroll saw.
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

bdad80....make sure to pop a photo into this completed projects thread. After you upload it, click on the paperclip and you can insert it so that it shows open when the post is viewed.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
john
Platinum Member

Post by john »

As others have already said, "Nice Job!"

Congratulations.

John
chrispitude
Gold Member

Post by chrispitude »

I am also jealous of the finish quality! So far, my only attempt at finish has been two coats of polyurethane over cheap pine.

Oooo, this could be adapted to those blue shoptowel rolls, plus latex/nitrile glove boxes...
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

chrispitude wrote:I am also jealous of the finish quality! So far, my only attempt at finish has been two coats of polyurethane over cheap pine.

Oooo, this could be adapted to those blue shoptowel rolls, plus latex/nitrile glove boxes...

Glad to see you back! Your absence was noticed and I at least was concerned! Tire rack still holding up?:)

Now where has 'Pinkie' been lately??????:confused:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

JPG40504 wrote:Now where has 'Pinkie' been lately??????:confused:
He's cooking something up.:D
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
chrispitude
Gold Member

Post by chrispitude »

JPG40504 wrote:Glad to see you back! Your absence was noticed and I at least was concerned! Tire rack still holding up?:)

It's nice to be missed! I end up getting pulled away from the Shopsmith for months at a time. Given that I've recently found out I'll be a daddy in January (our first), free time is likely to become an even scarcer resource. :) I will try to check in here more often that I have, it's a good bunch of people here and it's still fun to watch other people make sawdust.

- Chris
baysidebob
Gold Member

Post by baysidebob »

JPG40504 wrote:Glad to see you back! Your absence was noticed and I at least was concerned! Tire rack still holding up?:)

Not sure where Pinkie has been but I do know where he has not been. I drive over by his house a couple times a month and nobody around. His pickup hasn't been home, no activity at all. Don't look in his garage window to see if his motorcycle is there, don't want to get shot.

Pinkie was going to transfer schools and go to one up in Oregon, so I have to think that is what he has done. I was hoping to see him once school got out for summer, but maybe program he is on just keeps going.

If I see him or hear from him I will tell him to ring our bells........
I keep finding little windows on this forum, that I don't really know what they do. So sometimes I experiment. Probably shouldn't do that, I know in my shop it can get me into trouble.
Bayside Bob