Portable Wooden Tool Box

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Sam

Portable Wooden Tool Box

Post by Sam »

I'm looking for new plans/ideas for simple to build hand tool boxes I give as Xmas gifts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Unregistered

Tool box with drawer for saw link

Post by Unregistered »

Sam wrote:I'm looking for new plans/ideas for simple to build hand tool boxes I give as Xmas gifts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Sam I found this neat one on line the measurements are in metric but that is easy to convert. You may want to check it out.

http://www.bhg.com.au/display.cfm?objec ... 3815DAE43E

Sorry about the long link but that is the only way I now to get it.

Bob
Unregistered

Tool Box

Post by Unregistered »

I usually don't display my ignorance for all to see, but I looked at the materials list for the tool box. I understand plywood and masonite, but what is "Oregon"? Perhaps Pine or Fir?
dusty
Platinum Member

Portable Wooden Tool Box

Post by dusty »

You ask, what is Oregon - Oregon Pine cut from douglas fir (a common source of pine cones used for seasonal decorations). Harvested primarily in the northwest. Relatively straight grained, easy to work. Warps badly if not cured. Gums up a good blade very fast.
bpress
Bronze Member

Post by bpress »

or, you could design one yourself...
bashfulbob
Gold Member

Wooden Tool Box

Post by bashfulbob »

Sam wrote:I'm looking for new plans/ideas for simple to build hand tool boxes I give as Xmas gifts. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

You did not mention what kind of tool box you are looking for. Tool chest, Machinists tool chest, etc. But these can be a tad more then simple.:p

There are plans for one like MFE gave a link too but it is not as long and a little wider and is put together with Dovetails. It is in the American woodworker Mag Issue 125 November 2006 page 60.

Something a little more elaborate is in the Woodsmith Mag special issue with a 3 section book case on the cover.:rolleyes:

If these sound interesting and you can’t find the mags contact me off line.
Life is what happens in between Plans.:)
desrbo

Post by desrbo »

Could you get me these plans?
bashfulbob
Gold Member

Post by bashfulbob »

desrbo wrote:Could you get me these plans?

A little hard to do since your not registered and did not include your email addy in your post.:eek: :confused:

Go to the membership list and send me an email with your addy in it.;)
Life is what happens in between Plans.:)