Ooops, I did it Again!

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

terrydowning wrote:Based on odor, I think goo gone is lighter fluid (or very similar chemical makeup.)
Smeels like oraanges to me!;)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

tgamel wrote:Thanks JPG, that makes sense. the lower saw guard for my 83 Mark V fits perfectly, but there is no way to connect the upper saw guard. It appears there is a missing plastic piece on the Goldie that the guard slides into on the back side. I have not checked to see if that particular piece is removable from the 83 or not. I almost bought an upper and lower saw guard off ebay but was not sure how to connect the upper saw blade guard. I would rather buy one form a fellow SS guy and share the wealth so to speak, as I am sure a few guys have shorty's here that might not being using them, but I understand the no "buy or sell" policy of the forums. BTW, Goo Gone is another good idea, the wife has a bottle of that around here somewhere, will have to put that on my list of things to try.
Nope! They attached to the quill, and were supported by a 'wing' that rested on the rear way tube. The upper guard attached to the lower guard, but differently from later versions.

I will add a link to a thread I posted for one later. Gotta run now! SWMBO has been in my ear too long!:D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

And the one I referred to earlier.

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=1061

But then ya been there before!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

tgamel
Gold Member

Post by tgamel »

Thanks a lot for the link, I really was not sure what type of saw guard I needed. Going to see if I can get this one and boldly gone where you have gone before. I remember reading about your color change from Greenie to Goldie when you bought a saw guard awhile back, you did a nice job.
Todd (Canton, TX)

1962 Magna Corporation Mark V Goldie (Serial #379277); 1983 Shopsmith Mark V Model 500 (Serial #165199, w/bandsaw & joiner), Shopsmith 20" Scroll saw w/stand (Serial #030191), and Shopsmith DC3300 dust collection system. Taking my time, learning all I can and making a big mess!