LJ Table Saw Posting

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mrhart
Platinum Member

LJ Table Saw Posting

Post by mrhart »

I browse at the LJ site at night sometimes before I go to bed. I posted my first question there, "Table Saw Recommendations". I stated I am a SS user and love my equipment, however the table saw always feels too tall for me and I feel unsafe when reaching over the table for my work.
So a simple question, what models do you all recommend.

I opened pandoras box...holy crap.:eek: Read it if you get the chance. I posted it in the forums, under powertool reviews I think.

I'm glad there isn't people here like that, and if there were, I think Admin would shut em down.

Sidenote: I'm NOT selling ANY SS stuff, I just think about things. :)
R Hart
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

Yeah, the hornets were aroused but not by anything you said or did. You can tell by reading their many comments that the LJ forum is composed of many very talented craftsmen.

The group, however, is handicapped every now and then by the comments of one or two.

Hope you got your answer. If asked here, you already know what I would tell you.
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
Ed in Tampa
Platinum Member

Post by Ed in Tampa »

Interesting exchange. One guy let himself get baited by a few that obviously are out to get him and it worked. He allowed their baiting to get to him and in the end he ended looking like the bad guy.

However if you read what he said before he allowed them to bait him made sense.

He was one of the few that actually read your post and had a good idea of what you were looking for.

Interesting.

Sort of like this forum from time to time when people fail to read and understand the whole thread before they post.
Ed in Tampa
Stay out of trouble!
shipwright
Platinum Member

Post by shipwright »

I'm an LJ regular and have learned to just ignore the children. Unfortunately they seem to drag their little feuds into other peoples threads sometimes.

The reason that I prefer LJ to the other forums is that they don't over-moderate and allow a very free flow of ideas. Obviously, this is a two edged sword but I think it is better than the alternative.

One way I determine who I listen to is to click on their projects and see what they can actually do. As was pointed out in your thread, many of the freeest with their opinions and advice have never posted a project.

Just my opinions.

Paul M
Paul M ........ The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

mrhart wrote:I browse at the LJ site at night sometimes before I go to bed. I posted my first question there, "Table Saw Recommendations". I stated I am a SS user and love my equipment, however the table saw always feels too tall for me and I feel unsafe when reaching over the table for my work.
So a simple question, what models do you all recommend.

I opened pandoras box...holy crap.:eek: Read it if you get the chance. I posted it in the forums, under powertool reviews I think.

I'm glad there isn't people here like that, and if there were, I think Admin would shut em down.

Sidenote: I'm NOT selling ANY SS stuff, I just think about things. :)
How about a link to it?
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
mrhart
Platinum Member

Post by mrhart »

beeg wrote:How about a link to it?

I'll send it to you this evening. I have no LJ access here at work, but interestly enough, I have SS access. :D
R Hart
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

http://lumberjocks.com/

or - the specific thread

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/47851
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
mrhart
Platinum Member

Post by mrhart »

shipwright wrote:I'm an LJ regular and have learned to just ignore the children. Unfortunately they seem to drag their little feuds into other peoples threads sometimes.

The reason that I prefer LJ to the other forums is that they don't over-moderate and allow a very free flow of ideas. Obviously, this is a two edged sword but I think it is better than the alternative.

One way I determine who I listen to is to click on their projects and see what they can actually do. As was pointed out in your thread, many of the freeest with their opinions and advice have never posted a project.

Just my opinions.

Paul M

I have not posted any pics there yet, so I'm guilty of that as well. But I see your point.
I'm probably like alot of others here who use the LJ for general info and amazing pics for project inspiration, but don't post much there. Here I feel a little more at home and like to share my stuff. I've always called this forum my "daily paper".
If I could make a sailboat from scratch or maybe a piece of furniture with a spill look to it..I know I'd post that. :)
R Hart
mrhart
Platinum Member

Post by mrhart »

Thanks sir! ;)
R Hart
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

http://lumberjocks.com/topics/47851

Glad I did not chose a flag as my icon!:D

P.S. Just got back from LJ forum and was not aware Dusty had already 'linked'!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange