Getting "organized"

Forum for people who are new to woodworking. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jjbraun50
Silver Member

Getting "organized"

Post by jjbraun50 »

I wanted to share a couple if ideas that I had and built for my Model 500 over the weekend. I got the idea for the fence holder from one of my woodworking magazines and modified it for me (because I couldn't put my hands on the mag. :) The other side is for drill chuck, and other small items. Both work great and were easy to build (they had to be, I'm a beginner.)
Attachments
FenceHolder.JPG
FenceHolder.JPG (54.27 KiB) Viewed 5437 times
LtSideToolRest.JPG
LtSideToolRest.JPG (53.12 KiB) Viewed 5430 times
Greenvilleguy
Gold Member

Post by Greenvilleguy »

Wow! I love the fence holder. I have a bad habit of putting my fence on the lower way tubes where it gets knocked off. I have the 520 fence and dropping it on the floor knocks it out of alignment.

Your solution should be convenient and hold it steady as well. I think I'll put my on the right side though. I usually have either the jointer or the belt sander mounted on the left.

I like your under the way tubes shelf made from closet racks. About 40 years ago, my father made a trough for the SS that is now mine from some plans in Hands On. It was originally intended to catch sawdust before there were dust collectors. I now use it as storage shelf, but it still catches sawdust. Using the closet racks solves that problem. Here is a picture of the old setup. Nick will probably remember this old "dust collection system and laugh.

I took this picture a few months ago to show the cradle. Look where the fence is. Also, notice all of the sawdust in the bottom on the trough.

[ATTACH]892[/ATTACH]
Attachments
Doll Cradle.JPG
Doll Cradle.JPG (54.72 KiB) Viewed 5435 times
Doug
Greenville, SC