Forrest blades for Shopsmith

Create a review for a woodworking tool that you are familiar with (Shopsmith brand or Non-Shopsmith) or just post your opinion on a specific tool. Head to head comparisons welcome too.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

forrestb
Platinum Member

Forrest blades for Shopsmith

Post by forrestb »

I may have missed the notice, but tonight I ordered a 10 inch Forrest blade with a 1 ¼ arbor. Several of their blades now offer that as an option - mine cost $11 extra for the arbor.

You find the list (lots of them) of arbor holes when you select a blade but before you commit, of course. The standard column of blade list only shows the ⅝ arbor hole.

Forrest
Forrest
Huntington Beach, CA
1985 500->510->520, bandsaw, jointer, planer, PowerPro, double-tilt, 3" casters,(now obsolete) speed increaser
henecle
Gold Member

Post by henecle »

I run a Woodworker II with the 1 1/4" bore on my Sawsmith 2000 and it does an outstanding job. :)
Leif

1981 Mark V Model 500 "Shorty"
1981 Mark V Model 500 "Drill Press"
1987 Sawsmith 2000 Ultra
2005 Mark 7 PowerPro Model 520/Bandsaw/Jointer/Pro Planer/Belt Sander/Scroll Saw/Jigsaw/Strip Sander/Universal Tool Rest/Speed Reducer/DC3300/RingMaster/Mortising Package/MiterSled 5000/Biscuit Joiner/Grinding Wheel Guard/Nova G3 Chuck/Lathe Duplicator/SS Air System
2010 Lumber Smith sawmill
CarveWright CNC

"I wish I could remember everything my Dad taught me"
lightnin
Platinum Member

Post by lightnin »

Is there a link to see these?
Bruce

I didn't know what a Shopsmith was...
Three days later I owned one...
One week later I was rebuilding one...
Four months later I owned two....
Ok Ok, I'm up to four now...
forrestb
Platinum Member

Bruce, here is one link

Post by forrestb »

http://www.forrestblades.com/10-woodwor ... neers.html

Other blades have the same set of options.

Forrest

edit: Unfortunately, I am not related to this Forrest and have no financial involvement. Dang!
Forrest
Huntington Beach, CA
1985 500->510->520, bandsaw, jointer, planer, PowerPro, double-tilt, 3" casters,(now obsolete) speed increaser
robinson46176
Platinum Member

Post by robinson46176 »

forrestb wrote:
edit: Unfortunately, I am not related to this Forrest and have no financial involvement. Dang!

That may be owned by the Trees family and unfortunately you can't see the Forrest for... Oh, never mind...

:)

--
farmer
Francis Robinson
I did not equip with Shopsmiths in spite of the setups but because of them.
1 1988 - Mark V 510 (bought new), 4 Poly vee 1 1/8th HP Mark V's, Mark VII, 1 Mark V Mini, 1 Frankensmith, 1 10-ER, 1 Mark V Push-me-Pull-me Drillpress, SS bandsaw, belt sander, jointer, jigsaw, shaper attach, mortising attach, TS-3650 Rigid tablesaw, RAS, 6" long bed jointer, Foley/Belsaw Planer/molder/ripsaw, 1" sander, oscillating spindle/belt sander, Scroll saw, Woodmizer sawmill
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

That was "bad" Francis! Couldn't help but smile.
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

Boy, that is a lot of money to pay for a saw blade. I just can't justify that much for one blade unless I was in it for business.
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
kablerj
Gold Member

Post by kablerj »

Forrest, please give us a review of this blade after you have put it through the paces. I would like to know if it actually does " rip & crosscut 1" - 2" rockhards and softwoods resulting in a smooth-as-sanded surface."
Hello from Somerset in the beautiful Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands.

Mark 7, Mark VII, Mark V 520, Mark V 510 x 2, Mark V 500
SPT's - Band Saw, Jig Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, strip sander, Oscillating Sander, Speed Increaser
SS Freestanding - Pro Planer, Scroll Saw, Overarm Pin Router, Power Station, DC3000 x 2
Made for SS - Incra iBox, Ring Master

"Honest dear, I can quit any time I want."