Thank you Vets

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

lightnin
Platinum Member

Thank you Vets

Post by lightnin »

Thank you to all who stood up for our freedom.

[ATTACH]26834[/ATTACH]
Attachments
vetday.jpg
vetday.jpg (373.9 KiB) Viewed 2234 times
Bruce

I didn't know what a Shopsmith was...
Three days later I owned one...
One week later I was rebuilding one...
Four months later I owned two....
Ok Ok, I'm up to four now...
cooch366
Gold Member

A big

Post by cooch366 »

AMEN to that!:)
kablerj
Gold Member

Post by kablerj »

Yes. A big heartfelt thank you to all who serve, and served.
Hello from Somerset in the beautiful Pennsylvania Laurel Highlands.

Mark 7, Mark VII, Mark V 520, Mark V 510 x 2, Mark V 500
SPT's - Band Saw, Jig Saw, Belt Sander, Jointer, strip sander, Oscillating Sander, Speed Increaser
SS Freestanding - Pro Planer, Scroll Saw, Overarm Pin Router, Power Station, DC3000 x 2
Made for SS - Incra iBox, Ring Master

"Honest dear, I can quit any time I want."
berry
Platinum Member

Post by berry »

For all the Veterans on this forum, a big thanks for your service and for those who served in Vietnam - Welcome Home!
New Leaf Custom Woodworking
Berry Conway - Chief Dust Maker
garys
Platinum Member

Post by garys »

We appreciate your thanks.

Gary Stegmiller
USMC 1968-1970
Vietnam 1969-1970
joedw00
Platinum Member

Post by joedw00 »

garys wrote:We appreciate your thanks.

Gary Stegmiller
USMC 1968-1970
Vietnam 1969-1970
Yes we do.
USAF 1968-1972
Joe

520, Bandsaw, Beltsander, Delta Drill Press, Delta Lathe, Craftsman Planner/Jointer, Delta Planner, Mini "Greenie" Shorty 500

Being a VETERAN is an honor
Being a GRANDPA is priceless
beeg
Platinum Member

Post by beeg »

Thank you to all VETS, past,present and future.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Lightnin', and the rest of you guys, THanks for the kind words.

All gave some, some gave all!

For you other Veterans, check out this.

http://freebies.about.com/od/freefood/t ... -meals.htm

Might as well get a free dinner, or something.

Steve
Us Army, 4-82 to 3-89.
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

Well, for the first time in my life, spent the day taking advantage of Veteran's discounts in a big way.

My old employer, American Discount Foods has, since I started, had a Veteran's day discount, as well as a Memorial Day discount, of 50% off your first $50.00. http://www.americandiscountfoods.com/ I took advantage of that, as I have been doing for quite a few years.

I also went to Village Inn, and got a free breakfast.(wow And went to Olive Garden and got a free dinnerWOW!
The breakfast was 3 WHOLE pancakes, PLUS a butter substitute, AND syrup. Would have been $6 and change. The dinner was Chicken Parmesan, with soup or salad (I chose the soup) and "endless" breadsticks. (Soup {or salad} would have been endless, too.) Would have cost $15.00, but was a gift to us Veterans. Even though my friend I went with was NOT a Veteran, the waiter "messed up" (he told me) on the bill. We paid $2.75 for my soft drink. Only left him a $10 tip.

Next Monday, Golden Corral. Been there before, and once on Veteran's day. They always do their Veteran's Day special on the Monday of Veteran's day (if it is on a Monday) or, on the next Monday. The 17th is next Monday. Most places have a "limited" menu, (Olive Garden had 6 or 7 things, and the Village only had 1) but Golden Corral pulls out all the stops. Everything they usually have for dinner, PLUS a couple "extras" at every station. 2 years ago, line was about 45 minutes long, and they do NOT check for Veteran status. You're on the honor system there. (Come to think of it, Olive Garden really didn't check either.)

It is REALLY amazing what some businesses do for us Veterans. I'd like to give thanks to them, and to ALL the other Veterans here!

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
charlese
Platinum Member

Post by charlese »

Surprising the little things that make me cry on November 11! I'll tear up at the slightest sight or event that honors vets. Didn't used to do that! Must be old age.

We all did our best when younger and in service, - - now -- rest well my buddies and forefathers!
Octogenarian's have an earned right to be a curmudgeon.
Chuck in Lancaster, CA