Interesting Tractor

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

jsburger
Platinum Member

Interesting Tractor

Post by jsburger »

My wife and I are on a 4 day trip to Boise, ID. It is a wine tasting trip to the Snake River wine country. The trip is sponsored by the Hill, AFB Morale, Welfare and Recreation department. We visited 7 wineries in two days. At one of them they had a tractor that I have never seen. Anyone have any idea what it is? Farmer?
Attachments
DSCF1694.JPG
DSCF1694.JPG (426.51 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
DSCF1697.JPG
DSCF1697.JPG (372.55 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
DSCF1695.JPG
DSCF1695.JPG (417.56 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
DSCF1698.JPG
DSCF1698.JPG (354.11 KiB) Viewed 3326 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Re: Interesting Tractor

Post by ERLover »

JS, get to taste some Frost Wine, it is the wrong name, but just as the grapes freeze and burst a bit, the water runs out and they are full of sugar.
Pickers are on call for those nights, to get out and pick when it happens.
Enjoy, and yes when reading your post, Farmer, came to first thought on the tractor. Looks like one used for wet fields for potato harvest.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

ERLover wrote:JS, get to taste some Frost Wine, it is the wrong name, but just as the grapes freeze and burst a bit, the water runs out and they are full of sugar.
Enjoy, and yes when reading your post, Farmer, came to first thought on the tractor. Looks like one used for wet fields for potato harvest.
It is called Ice Wine and no did not get to try any. You are correct about the harvest. It is a Riesling so white and very sweet.
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
BuckeyeDennis
Platinum Member

Post by BuckeyeDennis »

I'm far from a tractor expert, and am likely wrong on this one. But I grew up on a family farm in the 1960's, and my dad had a smallish red Massey Ferguson tractor. The OEM styling cues on that one strike me as similar to those happy-yet-dim memories, albeit a decade or two older. As for the weird fairing thing, and the rear-fender infill, I am pretty sure they are home-brewed.

Farmer, am I warm?
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

jsburger wrote:
ERLover wrote:JS, get to taste some Frost Wine, it is the wrong name, but just as the grapes freeze and burst a bit, the water runs out and they are full of sugar.
It is called Ice Wine and no did not get to try any. You are correct about the harvest. It is a Riesling so white and very sweet.
Yes JS it is Ice Wine, thanks, getting old sucks!!!
Enjoy, some of the best wines I had were in the upper NW and when skiing up in NW Canada from local valley wineries.
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

This may be a old Farmall/McCormic. Farmer can tell us for sure
rjent
Platinum Member

Post by rjent »

I think Dennis is close. It is either a Massey Furgeson or a Massey Harris. Vintage 40's. I believe the "fenders" was for working corn fields.

I too grew up driving tractors on our family farm/ranch until I left home. They are fond memories .... :)
Dick
1965 Mark VII S/N 407684
1951 10 ER S/N ER 44570 -- Reborn 9/16/14
1950 10 ER S/N ER 33479 Reborn July 2016
1950 10 ER S/N ER 39671
1951 jigsaw X 2
1951 !0 ER #3 in rebuild
500, Jointer, Bsaw, Bsander, Planer
2014 Mark 7 W/Lift assist - 14 4" Jointer - DC3300
And a plethora of small stuff .....

"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you can never know if they are genuine." - Benjamin Franklin
ERLover
Platinum Member

Post by ERLover »

rjent wrote:I think Dennis is close. It is either a Massey Furgeson or a Massey Harris. Vintage 40's. I believe the "fenders" was for working corn fields.

I too grew up driving tractors on our family farm/ranch until I left home. They are fond memories .... :)
Just remember with the manure spreader, drive into the wind!!!!!!!!! :)
sawmill
Gold Member

Post by sawmill »

It looks like an international The light switch is for an international and the hood is that of an international. International uses a hood and gas tank that are one piece like that one. That fender style is called an orchard or vinyard style fender. They use them a lot in southern mich in blue berry fields and fruit orchards. The fenders move the vines out of the was gently to avoid knocking the berries or fruit off the plants.
Last edited by sawmill on Sat Sep 17, 2016 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sawmill
Gold Member

Post by sawmill »

ERLover wrote:
rjent wrote:I think Dennis is close. It is either a Massey Furgeson or a Massey Harris. Vintage 40's. I believe the "fenders" was for working corn fields.

Just remember with the manure spreader, drive into the wind!!!!!!!!! :)
Why would you do that, you don't like barnyard pastures perfume LOL