Time capsule.....new jointer

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

gnuse
Gold Member

Time capsule.....new jointer

Post by gnuse »

I gave my father this MkV 500 back in the mid 80's. The 500 and jointer were made in October 1985 according the the Shopsmith website archives.

I included a 4" jointer and apparently he never opened it.

I opened it today and it is perfect. The outer box is aged, but inside it is new. Amazing how the rest of it suffered in the Florida coastal air, but inside the box, it did fine.

I filled out the warranty card and am thinking about sending it in. :rolleyes:
"God does not deduct from one's time on Earth, that which is spent in the air."
a1gutterman
Platinum Member

Post by a1gutterman »

gnuse wrote:I gave my father this MkV 500 back in the mid 80's. The 500 and jointer were made in October 1985 according the the Shopsmith website archives.

I included a 4" jointer and apparently he never opened it.

I opened it today and it is perfect. The outer box is aged, but inside it is new. Amazing how the rest of it suffered in the Florida coastal air, but inside the box, it did fine.

I filled out the warranty card and am thinking about sending it in. :rolleyes:
I think that the warranty is up! Image
Tim

Buying US made products will help keep YOUR job or retirement funds safer.
8iowa
Platinum Member

Post by 8iowa »

gnuse:

Send it in. I'm sure that it will "make their day".

I'll also strongly advise getting the new featherboard guard upgrade and the lower dust collector chute, which is also a safety item as it is rather easy to get your fingers in harms way from underneath.
gnuse
Gold Member

Post by gnuse »

a1gutterman wrote:I think that the warranty is up! Image
......how could that be, it says to send it in within 10 days :D and I did just opened the sealed plastic envelope with the instructions, allen wrench, and warranty/customer info card today.
8iowa wrote:I'll also strongly advise getting the new featherboard guard upgrade and the lower dust collector chute, which is also a safety item as it is rather easy to get your fingers in harms way from underneath.
....... it has the lower dust collector chute, but I think I concur on the featherboard upgrade.
"God does not deduct from one's time on Earth, that which is spent in the air."
JPG
Platinum Member

warrenty card

Post by JPG »

Hey!!! Send it in! Let us all know what (if any) response you get!!!:D :D :D:rolleyes:
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange