brain dead caster assembly

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

tkhudson
Gold Member

brain dead caster assembly

Post by tkhudson »

trying to throw casters back together on 10E project. For some reason, after a long day at work, the brain is not making the connection with the hands to get the cams and actuating lever in synch. Is there a simple way to look at it? I purposely left the other set assembled and it has been too long of a day for me to figure it all out. Any quick hints will be appreciated for when I attack it tomorrow
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Maybe this will help:

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/attachment.htm?attachmentid=8217&d=1269113950

Keep in mind the top one is incorrect. The shaft should be flipped end for end, and the footpedal on the opposite end.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
tkhudson
Gold Member

Post by tkhudson »

Yes it does... sometimes it helps to be able to step back to look at the forrest and not have to deal with all the trees on my bench. Thank you