See-Through MARK V Saw Guard System - Installation sheet?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

damagi
Platinum Member

See-Through MARK V Saw Guard System - Installation sheet?

Post by damagi »

Anyone have the installation sheet handy for the "See-Through MARK V Saw Guard System" - PN 505875?

I am trying to install one but it didn't come with the instructions. I think its also missing a couple bolts to attach one of the plastic pieces to the table trunions...so any info on those would be great too.

Thanks
Mark 7, Pro Planer, Jointer, Bandsaw w/Kreg, Biscuit Joiner, Belt Sander, Jig Saw, Ringmaster, DC3300, Overarm Pin Router, Incra Ultimate setup

JWBS-14 w/6" riser, RBI Hawk 226 Ultra, Bosch GSM12SD Axial Glide Dual Compound Miter Saw

-- I have parts/SPTs available, so if you are in the Seattle area and need something let me know --
damagi AT gmail DOT com
wannabewoodworker
Platinum Member

Post by wannabewoodworker »

I know I have the upgrade sheet that came with the upper and lower on my 83' Mark V I think it includes the see-thru upper instructions. I will look at it tomorrow and if helpful will scan and send. PM me your email address.
Michael Mayo
Senior IT Support Engineer
Soft Designs Inc.
albiemanmike@gmail.com
1960's SS Mark VII, 1954 Greenie, 1983 Mark V, Jointer, Bandsaw, Jigsaw, Dewalt Slider, Delta Super 10, Delta 8" Grinder, Craftsman compressor, Drill Doctor, Kreg PH Jig, Bosch Jigsaw, Craftsman Router and Table...........and adding more all the time....:D
nuhobby
Platinum Member

Post by nuhobby »

damagi wrote:Anyone have the installation sheet handy for the "See-Through MARK V Saw Guard System" - PN 505875?

I am trying to install one but it didn't come with the instructions. I think its also missing a couple bolts to attach one of the plastic pieces to the table trunions...so any info on those would be great too.

Thanks
You're probably looking for parts 188 & 190 on this diagram:
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/part ... xpview.htm

Parts 190 are 1/4-20 thread capscrews. If your table's tie-bar isn't drilled for them, you have to do that yourself (I think it's a #7 drill), and carefully run in the 1/4-20 tap with some lube. The holes themselves can be marked by carefully and squarely holding part 188 up on the tie-bar and placing some center-punch marks on it. It's a pretty nice mesh when it's done, see the 'mounting block' here:
http://www.shopsmith.com/ownersite/part ... ew_500.htm
Chris
delong94
Gold Member

Installing Mounting Block

Post by delong94 »

Are there any measurements/instructions for installing the mouting block to the 500 table and for the lower assembly cover? Thanks.
MikeG
Gold Member

Post by MikeG »

Yes I do. [ATTACH]24136[/ATTACH]

There is not so much a measurement as a visual alignment. See item 3 under Modify the Tie Bar.

I don't have the template for cutting the inside of the tube boss, sorry.
Attachments
Saw Guard.pdf
(339.91 KiB) Downloaded 1158 times