ER 10 Refurbish Part 4: Assembly

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

ER 10 Refurbish Part 4: Assembly

Post by Shop_Smith_Poppi »

well I finally got the way tubes done and since the parts have been painted for over a month now I put what I have completed together. It is in my opinion starting to look good.

As you may recall I decided to paint my ER Black and Gold here is a few pics for my progress so far.

Image Its not very visible here but the handle is painted gold.

Image Actually I am thinking of switching the paint color of the Tail stock and the table bracket.

"Jerry! how many times do I have to tell you! Lick that knife before you put it back in the butter!" ..... Jerry Clower's Mother.
Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

Image Not sure if anyone knows this answer but ill ask any ways. before I took my ER apart the tables matched when slide up next to each other now they do not match so much not sure what I have done wrong in my assembly.
"Jerry! how many times do I have to tell you! Lick that knife before you put it back in the butter!" ..... Jerry Clower's Mother.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Nice pix! Why 120x160??? 800 x 600 are much more easier to 'see'.:)
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
iaokie
Gold Member

Post by iaokie »

Looking good Poppi :)
Some people may forget things U say
Some people may forget things U do
But no one will forget how you make them feel
Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

JPG40504 wrote:Nice pix! Why 120x160??? 800 x 600 are much more easier to 'see'.:)
Because I am not smart enoough to fix it or how to figure out how to make all my pic 800 x 600.

I wish I knew how because I have about 6 - 10 thousand pics on this laptop I would like to get formatted to the proper size. I also wish I could make my camera format them automatically but have yet to find the setting for it.

but if you click on them they get bigger! which equals more better!
Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

I did manage to make some sawdust today!

Here is what we started planing these boards are going to be for my work bench under my ER.

I'm going to make two drawers to hold my extra parts and supplies. I am also looking for some 6x6 pine untreated but that is not easy to find these days.

Imagewe stooped here because we had no ear protection and our ears were ringing something fierce by this time. these are some rough cut boards my friend Jim was given by his daughter's Father-in-Law. He has a really nice band saw mill. Were thinking its two or three types of wood at this point.

Starting to see some really nice figure in this board!

Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

Im thinking these boards might be oak and walnut. I have been away from wood working for too long so I am not sure what type of wood I have here.

Shop_Smith_Poppi
Gold Member

This is the bench boards that came with my ER

Quite a difference in apperance and even though its pine it have a good figure as well.

JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Shop_Smith_Poppi wrote:Because I am not smart enoough to fix it or how to figure out how to make all my pic 800 x 600.

I wish I knew how because I have about 6 - 10 thousand pics on this laptop I would like to get formatted to the proper size. I also wish I could make my camera format them automatically but have yet to find the setting for it.

but if you click on them they get bigger! which equals more better!

Download 'Irfanview' a freebie! Quite powerful especially considering the 'cost'.
http://www.irfanview.com/

If your camera is storing them at that small size, it is functioning as a 0.0192 mega pixel camera. It has got to have a higher resolution.

Getting bigger on the computer quickly exposes the limited resolution.

If you need help, start by telling us how you are uploading from the camera to the computer.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Your 'uploaded' pix are 1024 x 768.

Converted to 800 x 600 looks like

[ATTACH]14256[/ATTACH]

BTW You started with a very sick 10ER. Your 'doctoring' is causing a miraculous resurrection!!

Great job you be doing!!!!
Attachments
100_1397 reduced.jpg
100_1397 reduced.jpg (384.76 KiB) Viewed 2164 times
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝