Broken band saw blade - will 72.5" from Lowe's work?

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

beeg
Platinum Member

Re: Broken band saw blade - will 72.5" from Lowe's work?

Post by beeg »

mgdesigns wrote:I am probably to blame for the blade breaking because I have been lazy.

I don't have to hunt for the allen wrench, and that will also easier adjusts on the fly.

Where did the blade break at? If it's an SS blade and it broke at the weld, send it back for a replacement depending upon WHEN it was bought.

On top of the left leg is a hole you can drop your allen wrench in.
SS 500(09/1980), DC3300, jointer, bandsaw, belt sander, Strip Sander, drum sanders,molder, dado, biscuit joiner, universal lathe tool rest, Oneway talon chuck, router bits & chucks and a De Walt 735 planer,a #5,#6, block planes. ALL in a 100 square foot shop.

Bob
mgdesigns
Gold Member

Post by mgdesigns »

I will have to look at it - I folded it up and boxed it up so no one gets cut by it. Yes it was a Shopsmith blade ($16 if I remember correctly). I may have to contact them. Thanks for the tip. I've only made 10 cuts with it.
skou
Platinum Member

Post by skou »

db5 wrote:BTW - Going out of your way is a bad practice. For example, Las Vegas is just out of my way from Hisperia and there are some hot chicks that are just out of my way from my family; who's to know? That $2500 you spent at the table and the STD (or is it SPT?)would cost you far less. Go to Lowes.
And, they say I'M the sick puppy! :D

(Sorry for the change of direction, guys!)

steve
10 ER, stripped down.
Basic 10ER, Parts machine. Will be a semi-dedicated drill-press machine.
10 ER, a "survivor" of the trailer fire, in the back yard, needing restoration. Has a Mk5 headrest. Finally, stripped down.
Numerous parts, for Model 10 stuff. Except for lower saw guard, A and B adapters, I've got it.

Looking for one more, or some 9 inch extension table raisers.
mgdesigns
Gold Member

Post by mgdesigns »

I did check the broken blade and it DID break at the weld joint. How do I get a replacement from Shopsmith? It was about 1 year old.
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

mgdesigns wrote:I did check the broken blade and it DID break at the weld joint. How do I get a replacement from Shopsmith? It was about 1 year old.
(800) 543-7586
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
mgdesigns
Gold Member

Post by mgdesigns »

JPG wrote:
mgdesigns wrote:I did check the broken blade and it DID break at the weld joint. How do I get a replacement from Shopsmith? It was about 1 year old.
(800) 543-7586
Thank you; I will call them tomorrow.