Busy two days in the shop

This is a forum for intermediate to advanced woodworkers. Show off your projects or share your ideas.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Busy two days in the shop

Post by JPG »

She buy you that car also? :D
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

JPG wrote:She buy you that car also? :D
With a Power Pro and the car I wouldn't argue about anything. :D
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

No she didn't buy me the vette. Woodworking paid for that ! She did buy herself a Shelby Cobra which you can see covered in sawdust behind my workbench though. ;)
algale
Platinum Member

Post by algale »

Beautiful work on the table! Have you previously posted the undercabinet hanging from your Shopsmith?
Gale's Law: The bigger the woodworking project, the less the mistakes show in any photo taken far enough away to show the entire project!

ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

masonsailor2 wrote:But ER Lover...... what about the base ?
Paul
It does not finish on yet, correct? Waiting to see b4 giving my personal opinion/taste. I made a stained glass thing with a Padauk wood frame, it was not as orangie as yours. Like yours better.
You do wonderful work and skills/knowledge past mine, and since moved in with mom to take care of her a 1.75 years ago have not done much wood working other then shop stuff to make a shop here, so not learning by being creative on projects.
With that said, here is my honest opinion, I like the legs, curves, maybe the flat top will tie in the base, all have round overs but the base is chabfers,no curves or round overs. To me nothing ties into each other.3 different woods. I would have just 2. Light and dark.
Then after seeing the board of black and white, does not really tie into the table colors, so now you have 5 colors. Just to many different shapes and colors for my taste.
If me, at least on colors, I would have done white maple and walnut, Ebony wood have been better, but $$$ to tie in the board.
For the base, instead of the chambers I may have done on the inside 90s core bit/inside radius and on the outside 90s a round over, let them flow into each other.
I hope I did not offend ya, just my thoughts and taste. :)
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

Thanks ER. I really do appreciate the your opinion :)
Paul
ERLover
Platinum Member
Location: Greenie and Goldie Country not to metion the WI Badgers!

Post by ERLover »

masonsailor2 wrote:Thanks ER. I really do appreciate the your opinion :)
Paul
I appreciate your open mind.
Maybe some one here, Dusty comes to mind to a sketch up on the base as I described just for giggles.
I am not computer savvy enough, I still get out my drafting board, triangles and arcatecher triangle ruler.
Being single and love it, but married 2x understand it was the bosses design, and it was up to you to implement it. Just who picked out the material/combo choices?
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE EQUALS WISDOM. Albert Einstein
The Greatness officially starts :D :D :D :D :D :D
Greenie, Grayling, SS stand alone BS and BS SPT, jointer and belt sander, 3 Ers with Speed Changers. I think those 3 cover my ER needs, and space for them. :)
masonsailor2
Platinum Member

Post by masonsailor2 »

I chose the wood combinations but it was approved before starting. To Algale I don't know if I ever posted the under SS storage cabinets. I would be glad to so if anyone is interested.
Paul
ecom1
Gold Member

Post by ecom1 »

masonsailor2 wrote:To Algale I don't know if I ever posted the under SS storage cabinets. I would be glad to so if anyone is interested.
Paul
I'm sure I've seen them in a previous post and even commented on how I liked them, but feel free to post more pics because they look great! Question for you though - how often do you use them, and are they convenient to use (finding stuff on the bottom)? Maybe include pics of the inside too??
Ed

Shopsmith: 2 Mark V 510 (1988,1993), bandsaw, jointer, mounted planer, belt sander, scroll saw, strip sander, lathe duplicator, conical disc sander, biscuit joiner, free standing router table with Jointech IPM-1
Other stuff: Bosch glide mitre, Ridgid 13" planer, Rikon drill press, routers, drills, and other toys