Motor Pan and Belt cover screws

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

JPG
Platinum Member

Re: Motor Pan and Belt cover screws

Post by JPG »

I fear those original screws likely were 8-32. :o
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
kgfaro
Gold Member

Post by kgfaro »

I bought a set out screws and Tinnerman clips from Harbor Freight because one clip was missing from my 81 M5 they worked great. The screws to my motor pan are 8-5/8
edma194
Platinum Member

Post by edma194 »

shackman66 wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 3:30 pm BTW - I am chuffed at the response from the community. To get so many quality responses in so short a time. First time I saw a 10ER it gave me a ----- so hard but a MK5 with its goodies makes so much more sense and completes my tiny shop.
Are you a Brit or from Oz maybe? Never heard an American say 'chuffed'.
Ed from Rhode Island

510 PowerPro Double Tilt:Greenie PowerPro Drill Press:500 Sanding Shorty w/Belt&Strip Sanders
Super Sawsmith 2000:Scroll Saw w/Stand:Joint-Matic:Power Station:Power Stand:Bandsaw:Joiner:Jigsaw
1961 Goldie:1960 Sawsmith RAS:10ER
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

British - meaning "very pleased"
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

shackman66,

We are always happy to help. I hope you have some screws for attaching the belt cover to the Headstock. That you will want to be able to remove for maintenance.

I thought you might be interested in that your Mark 5 Greenie was most likely made in the spring of 1957 and likely May. There was a big gap of missing starting serial numbers by month from March 1956 through June 1957 plus other gaps so the listing by year here on the SS website has some errors on it.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.