Sawsmith Add-A-Tool Bracket

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

bob84
Gold Member

Sawsmith Add-A-Tool Bracket

Post by bob84 »

I came upon a reasonable condition Sawsmith RAS and it had the Add-A-Tool Bracket included.
Would anyone know what size bolts are use to mount the Add-A-Tool Bracket to the Sawsmith?
I thought I read documentation somewhere in a manual or something but I am unable to locate the details. Thanks much!
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Re: Sawsmith Add-A-Tool Bracket

Post by everettdavis »

In the post http://www.shopsmith.com/ss_forum/viewt ... 90#p185690 follow the My Google Drive link. Under the Sawsmith folder, I have a copy (unrestored at present) of the manual. The parts list may show it. Sometimes they list dimensions.

I am on my phone right now so I can't read the manual to see what's there. One of the Sawsmith manuals had the parts listing. I think it was the Sawsmith 2000 Table Saw. I can't remember if the RAS did.

Everett
everettdavis
Platinum Member

Post by everettdavis »

Here is a photo of that tool mount bracket for those not familiar with it.

Everett
Saw Smith Add A Tool Mount.png
Saw Smith Add A Tool Mount.png (753.55 KiB) Viewed 6041 times
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

Do the bracket and/or the base not have holes for mounting? The size of them would provide an answer.
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
bob84
Gold Member

Post by bob84 »

For the future I got this reply from another, "Sawsmither" at another forum that I posted this question. The replay was, "I have a brand new still in the box old stock tool bracket. It came with FOUR bolts, 3/8" x 1" course thread bolt with lock washers."

It worked!!!
I now have a permanent set up for my extra Shopsmith bandsaw (or since it is installed on my Sawsmith, should I refer to it as my Sawsmith bandsaw?).

Thanks to all of you again!