E4 Jointer V-Belt Size

Forum for Maintenance and Repair topics. Feel free to ask questions or contribute.

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

csxeng
Gold Member

E4 Jointer V-Belt Size

Post by csxeng »

Does anyone know what size belt is used for the E4 jointer or replacement part number is? I uploaded this picture with circle for reference. Thanks in advance.
Dave V.
Attachments
imagejpeg_0.jpg
imagejpeg_0.jpg (82.42 KiB) Viewed 5006 times
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Re: E4 Jointer V-Belt Size

Post by chapmanruss »

The belt is a 4L 320 or 32" belt. The pulley on the jointer is 1-3/4" and the motor is 5". The Jointer Mounting Kit Instructions are in the PDF below. Sorry the only 4E Jointer Manual I have is a not-so-good photo copy.
Jointer Mounting Kit 05-53.pdf
(539.68 KiB) Downloaded 989 times
A Model 620 manual would also work for this Jointer. The early 620 is the same except for the Base (outfeed Table) which has the tube mounting holes and the two tubes for SPT mounting on the Mark 5. If anyone has a good original 4E Jointer Manual it would be nice to get a PDF copy of it available here.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.
jsburger
Platinum Member

Post by jsburger »

chapmanruss wrote:The belt is a 4L 320 or 32" belt. The pulley on the jointer is 1-3/4" and the motor is 5". The Jointer Mounting Kit Instructions are in the PDF below. Sorry the only 4E Jointer Manual I have is a not-so-good photo copy.
Jointer Mounting Kit 05-53.pdf
A Model 620 manual would also work for this Jointer. The early 620 is the same except for the Base (outfeed Table) which has the tube mounting holes and the two tubes for SPT mounting on the Mark 5. If anyone has a good original 4E Jointer Manual it would be nice to get a PDF copy of it available here.
Here is the PDF that I have. It is pretty good.
Attachments
4ejointer.pdf
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 1054 times
John & Mary Burger
Eagle's Lair Woodshop
Hooper, UT
csxeng
Gold Member

Post by csxeng »

Thank you John and Russ for your help! Surprisingly, the person that I have purchased this Jointer from had the original owners guide mounting kit instructions in fantastic condition. I just needed the belt size. Russ, Did you need a good scaned copy of the owners guide and mounting instructions?? I can scan a good copy for you!
Dave V.
chapmanruss
Platinum Member

Post by chapmanruss »

Dave,
I just downloaded a copy of John's PDF Manual, Thanks for posting that John. His copy is a good one so unless your's is better than it, I am happy with John's copy. Thanks for the offer. Having these available here may help others who do not have a copy.
Russ

Mark V completely upgraded to Mark 7
Mark V 520
All SPT's & 2 Power Stations
Model 10ER S/N R64000 first one I restored on bench w/ metal ends & retractable casters.
Has Speed Changer, 4E Jointer, Jig Saw with lamp, a complete set of original accessories & much more.
Model 10E's S/N's 1076 & 1077 oldest ones I have restored. Mark 2 S/N 85959 restored. Others to be restored.