Potpourri - July, Aug, Sept 2010

Moderators: HopefulSSer, admin

mickyd
Platinum Member

Potpourri - July, Aug, Sept 2010

Post by mickyd »

We'll try a QUARTERLY vs. monthly thread.....even less work!!

This thread is for discussion of anything. Changing subjects is expected and/or encouraged!

Last months was:

http://www.shopsmith.net/forums/showthread.htm?t=5878
Platinum Member

Post by iclark »

following the natural progression for these lately would make the next one the annual pot pourri.

may i be the first to suggest that that would be going too far.

of course, I'm the one who wasn't lazy enough to be a good mathematician:rolleyes:
Mark V (84) w/ jigsaw, belt sander, strip sander
ER10 awaiting restoration
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

iclark wrote:following the natural progression for these lately would make the next one the annual pot pourri.

may i be the first to suggest that that would be going too far.

of course, I'm the one who wasn't lazy enough to be a good mathematician:rolleyes:
OK....quarterly max. If quarterly gets too funky, we'll revert back.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

I posted previously about my pac rat tendencies toward 'scrap' wood. Following in the foot steps of mbcabinetmaker, I now have an official barrel reserved for anything larger than a dime....just in case I need it. When it gets full, I'll skim off 1/2 of it into the trash.

Now I need to deal with that same pack rat tendency I have toward keeping tools that I know I'll never use. When I funded the pegboard storage rack, I went through all my tool drawers, shelves, boxes, cabinets etc. and it really hit me just how many things I've kept that really need to be gone. I have over 20 screwdrivers, 3 full sets of spade bits, 4 complete socket sets, 3 hacksaws, 3 circular saws, on and on. I don't even remember how I came across them. Cheap yard sale items I'd bet. So, looks like a yard sale. Can't throw them away. Somebody can use them.
Mike
Sunny San Diego
dusty
Platinum Member

Post by dusty »

If you look thoroughly enough and then have a good yard sale, you might end up with the purchase price of a Power Pro Upgrade Kit.:rolleyes:
"Making Sawdust Safely"
Dusty
Sent from my Dell XPS using Firefox.
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

dusty wrote:If you look thoroughly enough and then have a good yard sale, you might end up with the purchase price of a Power Pro Upgrade Kit.:rolleyes:
Did you say Power Pro.....
[ATTACH]9473[/ATTACH]
Attachments
sweet tingmod.jpg
sweet tingmod.jpg (88.1 KiB) Viewed 3731 times
Mike
Sunny San Diego
moose
Gold Member

Post by moose »

Is that a picture of JPG?
JPG
Platinum Member

Post by JPG »

ashbury wrote:Is that a picture of JPG?
NAW! He's too cute!
╔═══╗
╟JPG ╢
╚═══╝

Goldie(Bought New SN 377425)/4" jointer/6" beltsander/12" planer/stripsander/bandsaw/powerstation /Scroll saw/Jig saw /Craftsman 10" ras/Craftsman 6" thicknessplaner/ Dayton10"tablesaw(restoredfromneighborstrashpile)/ Mark VII restoration in 'progress'/ 10
E[/size](SN E3779) restoration in progress, a 510 on the back burner and a growing pile of items to be eventually returned to useful life. - aka Red Grange
fiatben
Platinum Member

yechh

Post by fiatben »

That is one UGLY little critter. What the heck is it?
'55 Greenie #292284 (Mar-55), '89 SS 510 #020989, Mark VII #408551 (sold 10/14/12), SS Band Saw, (SS 500 #36063 (May-79) now gone to son-in-law as of 11-11), Magna bandsaw, Magna jointer 16185 (May-54), Magna belt sander SS28712 (Dec-82), Magna jigsaw SS4397 (Dec-78), SS biscuit joiner, Zyliss (knockoff) vise, 20+ hand planes, 60s Craftsman tablesaw, CarbaTec mini-lathe, and the usual pile of tools. Hermit of the Hills Woodworks, a hillbilly in the foothills of the Ozarks, scraping by.
mickyd
Platinum Member

Post by mickyd »

fiatben wrote:That is one UGLY little critter. What the heck is it?
She is an Aye-Aye from Madagascar. An endangered lemer. They are related to us!!!
[ATTACH]9475[/ATTACH]
Attachments
gal_ugly_11.jpg
gal_ugly_11.jpg (55.6 KiB) Viewed 3698 times
Mike
Sunny San Diego